CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Melbourne

Friday night (July 18th) we headed straight from the Gold Coast down to Melbourne. We didn't even fly in until after midnight so by the time we got to the hotel we were really tired. Laura flew in the next morning. She's a girl we met here in Sydney in our ward. She graduated from BYU and is here working for a year and really wanted to see Wicked so she came along with us.
The whole reason we went to Melbourne is to see the musical 'Wicked'. Jayne had just seen it in LA on her way out to Australia and Brighton and I have seen it in New York, but all 3 of us are slightly obsessed with it so of course we had to go! It's a new thing here in Australia, but I think it was just as good as the one I saw in New York. It was AMAZING!!

These smiles are fake in this picture because we were really all so depressed that it was over!
This is at a pancake restaurant that we ate at. We had way too much fun with the cool mirror on the way out. I think Laura was a little overwhelmed by us at this point? But who wouldn't be. We all knew it would happen despite our efforts.
Chillin in the hotel with our candy necklaces.
We walked around the Betanical Gardens, which was very beautiful of course.
If you know me, you know I sure do love spaghetti (as you can tell from me looking overly excited in this picture). It wasn't quite as good as my mom's, but still yummy.
Another picture of Jayne doing crazy random things. Brighton just loves when she does stuff like this to her. :) We were at the beach in this picture and it was freezing! Still really pretty though.
We love going to the top of the tallest buildings in every city. This is on top of the Eureka at night looking over Melbourne. We couldn't get a very good picture, but it's still so pretty.
The last day we were there we decided to go to a movie because it was too freezing to be outside. We paid the normal $13 that you have to pay to go to a movie anywhere in Australia. Such a rip off. We walked in and this is what it looked like. It was worse then the dollar theaters in Utah! We were so ticked! Luckily we had the whole theater to ourselves, which made it a little exciting. The chairs in my classrooms at school are more comfortable than these ones!
We flew back into Sydney early in the morning and this was the site from my window. It's such a pretty view of the Harbour Bridge and you can even see the Opera House right behind it.
We had that day (July 22) to do laundry and catch up on some sleep because we were leaving for New Zealand super early the next morning. That night our great friend Jess, who takes such good care of us, took us to Gavindas. It's a place in Sydney where you go eat a buffet with lots of yummy Indian food and then you go watch the movie that they have playing. This theater is a little different then the one we were at the night before in Melbourne. You actually have you own bed type thing to lie on while you watch the movie. I was really proud of myself for staying awake through the whole thing. I usually can't even stay awake standing through a movie! It was really fun and we just love hanging out with Jess!

2 comments:

Jill Bowcutt said...

Wow! I had so much to say regarding these last 2 posts but I can't remember what they were. Im so glad you're having a good time but we miss you! Be careful and keep the pics coming.

Oh ya, give it up for IGA! That's awesome. I can't believe you remember that.

SeƱora Daiana said...

Swens, I admit that I havent been keeping up on the blog as much as i should. as i blasted through yours, brighton's, & jayne's blogs i only looked at pictures & didnt read anything. I'm so confused. It looks like your havin fun though. We'll have to get together when you get home so you can bring me up to speed. Milo & Leila say hi. Oh ya, I think i got you the Utahdave truck to go back to school.

take care, see ya soon.. jared