CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Featherdale Zoo

I skipped everything from June 21 to July 12 (when we left to the Gold Coast), but i'm still going to post about the cool things that happened those few weeks.

On Saturday June 21 we woke up late, of course, and didn't make it to the blue mountains so we decided to go to the zoo. We chose to go to the little petting zoo instead of the big zoo (Toronga Zoo) with all the lions and tigers and stuff. We figured we can see all those animals in Utah! So it was about an hour train ride and then we were in the middle of no-where and had to walk and find our way there. Of course we ran right up to the train as it was pulling away. So we decided to camp out at the train station and play some cards for the next 30 minutes while we waited for the next one.

This is a wombat! I was so happy to see one. This picture is for Mindy who wanted me to find a wombat so bad!
These are wallabies, which are really similar to kangaroos. Look how cute the baby wallaby is just chillin insinde the pouch.
This pelican's beak was insanly long! I thought it was so cool.
This is a good story, so you should read it all. I know you're thinking "why did Wendy put this blurry picture on her blog?" Well, I'll tell you why. I had pushed the button on my camera to take a picture of this creepy emu and then it just started running at me like he was going to attack. So I screamed and ran and this picture still took. It's like an action shot! Seriously though, these things are creepy and they just walk around the zoo. I was terrified of them and we all know I'm terrified when things come running at me. So naturally I screamed, which caused Brighton and Jayne to scream as well. Let's just say we caused quite the scene at Featherdale Zoo that day and everyone was laughing at us and one guy was even videoing us. What made us feel even better about ourselves is right after, when we saw some 3 year olds going right up to the dang emu like it was no big deal. Seriously, I was scared for their lives, but appartently the mother or no one else cared! Those brave little souls :)
*Side note- When we eventually made it to the Blue Mountains, Jayne bought an emu sausage that we all ate. Take that emu!
After a lot of time, carefulness, and some more screaming, Jayne took a bold move and got this close to the emu to give it some food. It snatched the cone with food in it right out of her hand!
I liked to stick more to this sweet sleeping koala. It was so cute! They let us pet it and we could have held it if it wasn't sleeping.
Here's what everyone's been wanting to see. Kangaroo's! This zoo was so cool because the kanga's aren't in cages and they just hop around and chill with the people. They're so cute! We got to feed and pet them too.
Me feeding my little kangaroo buddy.
Here's the big croc. He was mean looking and kind of creepy when he moved around. They didn't let us pet and feed this one for some strange reason!
That was our adventure at the zoo and that's the only time we saw all these Australian animals. Sorry to destroy the thought of all of you who thought there were kangaroos and wombats just walking down our street!

5 comments:

SeƱora Daiana said...

Umm Wendy your home now HELLO!!!

Kelly said...

I love it, gave me a good laugh! Hope school is going well for ya.

Diane Dimond said...

Funny stories. Now I really like the Australia stories, but i need to to post what your doing now. Maybe some pics in front of the house my 3 buds live in, ya know that kind of stuff. SO GET TO IT! PRONTO!!!

Casey & LaTisha said...

Oh no dont feed caseys ego too much haha! Those jerseys come in handy huh? We are excited to see you at Christmas. Good luck with school and we will see ya soon!!!

Kourt said...

Hi Wendy- Now you can check out my blog. I haven't updated forever, but I'll get to it sometime soon. I'll have to get a picture of my brother-in-law on there so you can check him out!!