CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Off to Australia!




























Brighton's been waiting for me to realize that we were really going to the opposite side of the world for the next 3 months. Well, this face of mine isn't pretending. It finally hit when I said bye to my parents and we were waiting to get on the plane. We had a little anxiety, I'm not gonna lie! Once we were on the plane we seemed to be fine though.

Pretty sunset above the clouds before landing in L.A. (side note- L.A's not my favorite place to be during the final few minutes of a close Lakers playoff game. Brighton had to keep reminding me we might lose our lives if I kept expressing my hatred for them outloud. It was rough.)





Sorry, this is the only picture that can be exposed from the plane ride over. You can't imagine what 18 hours of traveling can do to the 2 of us! But this is what we looked at for way too much time. The ride actually wasn't too bad. We just did a lot of sleeping and eating. And some more sleeping and eating. They fed us so much!






Here's some pictures of where we live. The balcony is definitely my favorite part. We just need a porch swing to go on it and it'd be perfect!
When we got there, the guy we're renting from had the bed spreads on our beds and all. He even had 2 of his old cell phones sitting on our desk charging for us. He and the equadorian couple that lives with us are helping us so much, we'd be so stressed without them.



3 comments:

SeƱora Daiana said...

Good job Swends on your first post. How exciting for you guys to be there having fun.I love that you did this. You'll be grateful you did this later in life. Keep posting and add some more music. I love seeing all the pictures. Keep it up. Ohh ya I feel so bad I didn't say good bye. So here I go: Good bye Swends. Have a good trip, meet lots of boys, and kiss lots of them too. We love you.

Kelly said...

Swens! I can't believe your in Austrailia! Are you old enough? I am sorry we missed your phonecall before you left. Keep us posted. We also have a new blog! Visit us at www.cedarcityspringers.blogspot.com We love you Wendy!

Jill Bowcutt said...

I am so very jealous! I love it! Seriously, enjoy every minute (even the drunk guys hitting on you two beauties). And what the heck, does mom have an email address? I saw it on your email but thought it was some kind of joke so I ignored it. And are you using a different email address? It's memorial Day today and FREEZING! It's pouring rain so we had to get creative in what we did. Parker and I "chalked" the front porch and I totally thought of you. Be safe!