CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 26, 2008

Spiders

So within the first hour of being in our apartment, Brighton and I found 3 spiders. We all know how I react to spiders. They're not small either! I don't go near those creepy things so luckily I have a good friend like Brighton. They were all in webs though so we searched for the vacuum and had to play like we were insect killers for a bit. (My job was to turn the vacuum on and off...Brighton took care of the rest) PS- Sorry Jill, I just had to share the misery I'm going through.



A few hours after this horrible discovery, our flat mate Jorge showed us where we walk to get to the bus and train everyday. A whole tree of these spiders and their webs are on the way. Lovely.

Luckily this is what else we see on our walk to our apartment. Yep, that's the ocean. So pretty!



We didn't think we'd have too much trouble with jet lag because we had such irregular sleeping schedules already, but it hit us. This is us chillin on our top bunk that first night trying with all our might to stay awake. It was the most miserable thing! We only made it till 9:00. That can go down in history as the earliest the 2 of us have ever gone to bed!


2 comments:

Jill Bowcutt said...

ew sick, sick, sick. Spray your flat with spider killer or something!! Or cut down that tree that they live in. I'm going to have a hard time sleeping tonight.

Mindika said...

Wendy, this is your cousin Mindi. I just found your blog off of Jared's. How cool you are in Australia. You know that's where Brady served his mission? Right in Sydney. You will have so much fun. What an adventure. Send me your email and I'll send you an invite to our blog. mindi@kbaagency.com. It's such a fun way to keep in touch. Love, M.