CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Jayne and I spent the next few days at the beach. We met some nice old men to take this picture for us. They were high on something and just chatted away with us forever. Always a good time. It was such a nice day!

On our walk to and from Bronte Beach, we pass a little playground and this bad boy shown above. We like to call it the "Flying V" aka the "Velocitron" aka "The big green monster". You just sit on it and pedal away and it spins you in circles. It really is the coolest thing ever. West Jordan Park needs to invest in one of these too!

There are Adult Book stores everywhere here! Just to clear up any confusion for all those who have read Brighton or Jayne's blog, I DO NOT enjoy these kind of stores. I like bookstores for kids!

It's a good thing I'm not here during their summer because I think I would die with all the bugs. Luckily we haven't seen many since we moved in. However, just before we were about to leave one night, I innocently went into our kitchen and saw a huge cockroach in our sink. After screaming and quickly excusing myself from the situation, Jayne and Brighton took care of it. I don't know what they did, I just know there was a lot of screaming involved and the cockroach was no longer in the sink. What brave little souls.

Then we headed out for what we now know as one of our most adventurous nights. Unfortunately this is the only picture we captured that night. One of Jayne's friends from home has family out here so we went and met him (Sean) and his friends at Le Chifley. This is a really high-class bar with TONS of people in it...or the exact opposite of that. So after a very interesting taxi driver, we finally found this bar and stood there awkwardly for about 30 minutes while all these creepy old men kept talking to us. That was an adventure. Luckily Sean eventually found us and it ended up being a really fun night.

1 comments:

Jayne & McKay said...

I feel like you are trying to represent Le Chifley in a non-naive Utah girls-friendly sort of way, and I don't think that's really fair to the bar or the nice old men who inhabit it!